Smilelign Update & Teeth Whitening

Leave a Comment
Since i've last posted i've been back for a visit to my dentist as he had to take further moulds of my upper & lower teeth as my upper aligners kept snapping in half.  He explained that Smilelign weren't happy with how my canine teeth weren't moving which i wasn't too bothered about at the start of the treatment as my main focus was getting my two front teeth straight but the more my front teeth have started to move i've slowly started to become more aware of my upper canines as they aren't perfectly inline with my other teeth. Smilelign have recommended me to have a further five upper aligners which i will wear over the next 15 weeks to complete my treatment and bring my canines more inline. I was given the first upper aligner out of the five when i went for my check up last week and i have to admit the fit of this aligner is perfect, it fits my upper teeth perfectly and doesn't look like i'm wearing aligners at all. My last aligners all fitted well but this one just feels stronger and a much better fit. The best news is that i've been wearing it for over two weeks and it hasn't snapped or broken in half!  It was an optional decision to take the further aligners but i decided that i've come this far that i will carry on and take the last five upper aligners. As far as Smilelign are concerned my lowers are completed and with a little building up on my front two teeth they will be perfect.

My dentist has kindly included teeth whitening treatment within the course of my Smielign treatment. I started the teeth whiting process that evening and as recommended i am starting on my upper teeth first. I've been whitening my upper set for just over two weeks now and i have to say that the difference between my upper and lower set is amazing! It's a very gradual process and as i am very inpatient i was expecting to see results after the first evening but two weeks down the line i have started noticing results! I still would like my upper set to be whiter so i am going to carry on whitening them every evening until i see my dentist this Thursday and see what he recommends.

Here's a picture of the teeth whitening product i'm using. I will do a full updated post on how i'm getting on with the whitening product in a few weeks.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.