Smilelign update: Finishing my lowers

Leave a Comment
It's been a few weeks since i've written an update on how i've been getting on with my Smilelign treatment. In my last post i mentioned how I had to have further moulds taken as my upper aligners kept snapping in half. I went back to my dentist to collect the new upper aligners which would finish my treatment off. These aligners were a better fit and i'm now on my second aligner out of five and they haven't snapped yet - success! I've also noticed that these aligners have been moving my uppers better and my two upper canine are now starting to tuck in nicely. 

When i went to collect my new upper aligners my dentist was happy with the whitening of my lowers and talked me through the next stage of the treatment. My front two lower teeth were smaller than the others so he decided to do some work to build them up; after about a hour in the dentist chair he showed me the final results! I was SO pleased! I couldn't stop looking at them in the mirror! They are perfect, he's done such an amazing job and the build up work he done on my front teeth look very natural which i wanted. We also discussed the best way to keep my teeth in their new alignment and i decided to have the small metal wire glued permanently onto the back of my lower front six teeth. I have to admit I was very nervous about this; I was worried that I would hate having the wire behind my teeth and that it would annoy me! I will be honest it took a few days to get use to it been there but now it's been a few weeks I really don't notice it there at all! As my lowers have been finished I no longer have to wear my aligners during the day as I have the mental wire but i still have to wear my final aligner at night which really doesn't bother me. 

Now that my lowers have been completely finished I can honestly say that having the Smilelign treatment is the best thing i've ever done! I have a few weeks left until my uppers are finished but i could not be more pleased with my lowers. 

Below i've put a few pictures of before and after which i still can't stop looking at! If you have any questions just leave me a comment and i'm more than happy to answer! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.