High Heels, High hopes.

1 comment
HIGH HEELS AND HIGH HOPES

I thought this was a good title for this post. Lately i've well been a bit unsettled with my job and let me explain why. In September i went back to University to study for a BA Hons in Photography but wasn't enjoying it so decided to give up my place and work more at my part time job. I currently work at the theatre in my home town as a Box Office Assistant. I'm working around 25-28 hours a week which is ok and the pay is really good for the job. I basically just sell tickets to people either over the counter, on the phone, complete online bookings and do a few other little jobs as well. I've been working at the theatre for four years, i started when i was at college doing a few evenings a week to get some money of my own and i haven't left since. Don't get me wrong i'm REALLY thankful i have a job but i can't help feeling like i want more.  I've been looking but there is NOTHING out there that suits me or am i to picky? I've always had different hopes and different career ideas but have never done anything with them because well i don't know where to start. I change my career mind SO much even my parents think what is she gonna do this week!  I just can't help but feel that i want to do a bit of EVERYTHING with my life. Does anyone else feel like this?

I've found the most perfect empty shop in the town centre that i want to buy and turn into an AMAZING cupcake shop and cute cafe, well for starters i'm only twenty, i have NO idea how to run a business and thirdly haven't got HALF as much as i need to buy a shop! ( The shop is still vacant i walk past it most days on the way to work, it's just the right size and it's got white cute windows it's just PERFECT!)

Last week i wanted to go into FASHION and create different items of clothes and open my own small BOUTIQUE! Well as i've found with all my career ambitions i don't have ANY fashion qualifications or experience!

SO this week i want to become a make up artist for telly shows such as Casualty and do all the GORY make up but as my parents kindly remind me i have no beauty qualifications and it's a really HARD industry to get in to.

So these are a few of my high hopes and career ideas over the past few weeks. As you can see they are VERY different from one another. I know i'm still twenty well twenty - one in about three weeks but i feel like most people know what they want to do career wise by now or are studying to get the qualifications they need in order to get their DREAM CAREER! I know i'm pretty set on not going back to University to get a BA Hons in something or other but i'm starting to question will i get anywhere in life without one? I've got my GCSE's and my A Levels but is that enough? SO many questions that no-one can answer i'm DEFIANTLY one of those people who hate not mapping out their future or it not going the right or which direction to go!

All i know is that i want to be in a job that makes me wake up in the morning and not dread the day ahead, i want to be able to wear my own clothes so show my personality as at the moment i'm having to wear a uniform and i HATE it! I have to wear ALL black and i just think dressed in all BLACK is so depressing! I also want to be one of those women who you see in LONDON carrying nice bags and wearing high heels!  I just want to have the PERFECT career!

I am the only one who feels like they need their life MAPPED out in front of them?





Taken from the cute website http://weheartit.com/

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can open a cupcake store one day, sounds like a really cute idea!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.